31 December 2011

Oscar Wilde on Women

Guys,

We have a discussion going on Mancoat that's about relationships. I won't go into the discussion itself, but two of the guys posted quotes from Oscar Wilde. Judging by what he said, I think it's fair to say that the man knew women...

------------------------

"I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same." - Oscar Wilde

“The husbands of very beautiful women belong to the criminal classes.”
-Oscar Wilde

”Men always want to be a woman’s first love-women like to be a man’s last romance.”
-Oscar Wilde

“Dammit sir, it’s your duty to get married. You can’t be always living for pleasure.”
-Oscar Wilde

“As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.”
-Oscar Wilde

-----------------------

Were those quotes profound, or what?! Did that man know & understand women, or did he know & understand women?! I think it's fair to say that he did! Have a good night now...

MarkyMark

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know some things never change.

Anonymous said...

Great thinker

Good stuff MarkyMark

analyzing

Rmaxd said...

So is Markymarks blog back? lol

If so, can you put up your archives mark? I never got a chance to look at the rest of your site ...

MarkyMark said...

Rmaxd,

I'm in the process of recovering and backing up my posts. That'll take a while, because I had a lot of material out there.

Then, after backing up the posts, I have to repost them. That'll take even more time, because I dumped the contents into an OpenOffice document; I used the default .odt format. Well, when you take a document in .doc or .odt and dump it into Blogger's editor, you'll have formatting issued that have to be addressed; that means more time editing.

So, to answer your question, I'll EVENTUALLY get everything back up, but it's going to take some time.

MarkyMark

Anonymous said...

I think he was a homo.

Richard said...

Dang, those are perfect.

Rmaxd said...

Thanks mark,

hmm cant you use a convertor lol ...

It's great your blogs back up, tons of invaluable posts & comments

Happy new year

MarkyMark said...

Anon2315,

OW may have been a homo, but that doesn't undermine his message about women and their natures. He spoke the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The fact he was a homo doesn't change that...

MarkyMark

MarkyMark said...

Rmaxd,

How would I use a converter? I'll give it a go if it'll speed up the restoration process.

MarkyMark

Rmaxd said...

Markymark I was thinking, there must be a blogger convertor out there for word or open office files

Do they still have the html code?

P Ray said...

There were some other quotes you might not have seen, MarkyMark:
A woman will flirt with anybody in the world as long as other people are looking on.

Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious.